by Simply Beads
Designs by Margot Potter
This elegant set is inspired by the fashionable jewelry designers. Instructions below uses Swarovski crystal pearls and silver-plated chain, you can inter-change with cultured pearls and silver chain if you want.
- 7 (12mm) light green Swarovski crystal pearls
- Small silver cable chain
- 7 (22-gauge) sterling silver eye pins
- 4 sterling silver jump rings
- Small silver toggle clasp
- 2 sterling silver French ear wires
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flush-cut wire cutters
17 1/2 inches (including clasp)
3 1/4 inches long
- Slide a pearl on an eye pin; use round-nose pliers to form a loop above pearl and trim excess wire. Repeat to make four additional pearl eye pins. Set eye pins aside.
- Cut 18 (2 1/4-inch) lengths of cable chain. Separate lengths into six groups of three.
- Open a jump ring and slide on one half of toggle clasp and one set of three chain lengths; use chain-nose pliers to close jump ring. Attach opposite ends of chain lengths to one loop on a pearl eye pin; close loop.
- Attach another set of three lengths of chain to remaining loop on pearl eye pin. Continue attaching pearl eye pins and sets of chain lengths together in same manner. Use jump ring to attach remaining half of toggle clasp to ends of last set of chain lengths.
- Slide a pearl on an eye pin; form a loop above pearl and trim excess wire. Attach eye pin to ear wire. Secure loop closed with chain-nose pliers.
- Cut three 1 7/8-inch lengths of chain. Slide one end of each length of chain on a jump ring; attach jump ring to bottom loop on pearl eye pin.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for second earring.
Copyright © August 2005 Simply Beads magazine. All rights reserved.