by Styrofoam Crafts
Dazzle bridal shower guests with this 'diamond' ring centerpiece.
Bright silver glitter makes it sparkle; subtle papers and beautiful blooms complete the look.
Designer - Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam
Cone, 3" x 2"
Cube, 5" x 5" x 5"
Wreath, 6" x 1-1/4" x 5/8"
Other MaterialsWedding-theme 12" x 12" decorative paper
Small cream Ranunculus, 17
Tools NeededSerrated knife
Candle stub or paraffin
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
Optional: Large cardboard box
Instructions1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut bottom 1/2" from tip of foam cone to create flat base. Use glue gun to glue trimmed cone to top of foam wreath as shown to create wedding ring; let dry.
2. Cover one side of wedding ring with white glue, then holdfoam shape over cardboard box or other protected work surface.
Sprinkle with glitter to completely cover surface; place on waxed paper to dry. When dry, gently tap off excess inside box.
3. Repeat Step 2 to cover back of ring shape with glitter; letdry and tap off excess.
4. Repeat Step 2 to cover inside and outside edges of ringwith glue and glitter; let dry.
5. Trace four sides of foam cube onto back of decorativepaper; cut out and adhere to cube with paper glue. Let dry.
6. Use floral pins and glue gun to secure upright wedding ring to top of cube.
7. Using floral shears, trim flower stems to 2" lengths andinsert into top of cube around base of ring. When pleased with arrangement, remove stems one by one and hot glue into holes.